With the help of this article, you will be able to have a broader understanding of best 5w40 synthetic oil, as I will be discussing the features, pros, and cons in detail. Other than that, make sure to read until the end.
If you don’t have the time or the energy to look for the 5w40 synthetic oil that best suited for you, no worries; I have you covered. I have put together here a list of the best 5w40 synthetic oil currently available.
Top 10 Best 5W40 Synthetic Oil
Reviews on 10 Top Rated 5W40 Synthetic Oil
If you are looking for the Best 5W40 Synthetic Oil, then any of these 10 would be a great choice for you.
- Full synthetic 5W-40 diesel engine oil with Triple Protection Plus technology protects against wear, deposits, oil breakdown, and improves low-temperature flow
- Exceptional wear protection for longer life in a wide range of heavy-duty engine applications — from pickup trucks to tractors to semi rigs
- Enhanced fuel economy capability of 1.5 percent without compromising engine protection or durability (compared to 15W-40 oils)
- Multi-functional dispersant additives provide an enhanced level of protection against the effects of soot, dirt, and other contaminants (compared to previous formulation)
- Increased shear stability for better viscosity control and optimal engine oil pressure
- Better cold-cranking properties and low-temperature pumpability for reaching critical engine parts faster
- Single 1-gallon bottle with ergonomic design for easy handling and pouring
- Made from Pennzoil's patented gas-to-liquid PurePlus Technology combined with a high-performance additive system for complete protection
- Nothing keeps your engine closer to factory clean (based on Sequence VH and M-111 sludge test using SAE 0W-40)
- No other leading motor oil provides better protection from friction (based on Sequence IVA wear test using SAE 0W-40)
- Provides better fuel economy (meets the requirements of MB 229.5 which includes Fuel Economy Improvement (FEI) requirement as determined in industry standard gasoline engines)
- Formulated to deliver faster low-temperature oil flow and protection in extreme heat
- Helps protect engines from loss of horsepower
- Case of six 1-quart bottles
- “The Only One“ endorsed and recommended by Cummins
- Superior synthetic base stocks provide faster, safe starts during freezing weather and enhanced thermal properties for hot weather operations
- Outstanding oxidation resistance supports long oil life in heavy duty engines
- Superior wear protection for hardworking heavy-duty trucks and equipment
- Specifications: API CF/SN, ACEA A3/B4, BMW Longlife-01, MB Approval 229.3/229.5, Porsche A40, Renault RN 0700/0710, VW 502 00/505 00
- Castrol EDGE Euro Car product range has been optimized to meet the stringent requirements of the various European Automobile Manufacturers Association or ACEA oil sequences. These standards can apply to both gasoline and diesel powered engines and are often more demanding than ILSAC/API requirements.
- Castrol EDGE Euro Car fluids are engineered with Fluid TITANIUM Technology to transform under pressure, increasing its film strength to prevent oil breakdown, reduce friction and have been optimized to deliver up to 40% better performance* against ACEA standards to unlock maximum engine performance.
- Superior engine protection versus conventional and synthetic blend oils
- Superior performance against deposits, wear and oxidation
- For best performance, follow the manufacturer's recommendations in your vehicle owner’s manual.
- Formulated for longer drain intervals
- Helps prevent build up that can cause rust and corrosion
- Reduces friction for less engine wear
- High resistance to viscosity and thermal breakdown
- Helps reduce exhaust emissions
- ADVANCED PROTECTION IN EUROPEAN VEHICLES agains the four main causes of engine breakdown: wear friction heat and deposits
- EXTRA WEAR PROTECTION vs. industry and OEM standards with advanced anti-wear additives
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE FOR EUROPEAN gasoline and diesel engines
- EXCEPTIONAL HIGH/LOW TEMPERATURE PROTECTION defends your engine no matter the climate or driving conditions
- MEETS OR EXCEEDS ALL REQUIREMENTS of API SN, ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4, MB 229.5, 229.3, & 226.5, VW 50200/50500 & 50501, BMW LL-01 & LL-14FE+, Porche A40, Renault RN0700 & RN0710, PSA B71 2296, and Chrysler MS-12633/ MS-10725
- 42 Percent Better Rating On Fighting Power Robbing Deposits
- Superior Engine Protection Vs Conventional And Synthetic Blend Oils
- Superior Performance Against Deposits, Wear And Oxidation; Bottle Color: Black
- Meets Mercedes Benz 229. 5 And 229. 3, Porsche A40, Vw 505. 00 And 502. 00, Ford Wss-M2C937-A, Psa B71 2296
- The Lubro-Moly Synthoil High Tech 5W-40 Motor Oil is a fully synthetic and energy conserving motor oil for the latest engine concepts (both gas and diesel), such as multi-valve arrangements, variable cam and timing configurations, turbocharging, supercharging, intercooling, etc.
- The Lubro-Moly Synthoil High Tech 5W-40 Motor Oil saves fuel and provides instant lubrication after a cold start.
- Good for extended oil change intervals and the highest demands
- Package Dimensions: 10.312 L x 31.496 H x 24.892 W (centimeters)
- XPS synthetic 4-stroke oil is specifically engineered to meet the particular lubrication requirements of Can-Am, Spyder and Sea-Doo vehicles equipped with Rotax 4-TEC 4-stroke engines.
- Powersport formula with premium anti-wear and anti-corrosion additives
- Designed for high-performance off-road, on-road and PWC 4-stroke engines, including turbo or supercharged Powersports engines
- Provides superior engine and transmission protection against rust and corrosion even in extreme conditions
- Ambient temperature operating range: -31°F / 104°F (-35°C / 40°C)
- Unique Additive Technology for UNSURPASSED WEAR PROTECTION, oxidation, and high temp stability. 60% lower wear than leading lubricants and standards. WIDE RANGE COMPATIBLE - Compatible with all heavy-duty diesel engines.
- HIGHEST VISCOSITY INDEX any 5W-40 motor oil, of any brand, with exceptional stability and flow properties. Friction modified and VI stabilizer pre-boosted. Un-rivaled turbo-charger protection, will not create deposits and ash on turbo bearings (will not fry on the turbo). Up to 4% Fuel economy vs any 15W-40. COLD FLOW - Exceptional cold flow down to - 46 F.
- OUTSTANDING POWER-STROKE PERFORMANCE Including 6.0 L turbo diesel: ELIMINATES STICTION AND INJECTOR ISSUES that plague Power-stroke engines - No need for additional additives - Contains state-of-the-art dispersal and ash control systems to keep your engine extremely clean.
- EXTREME DRAIN CAPABILITIES: 25,000 mile drain interval for pickups and 80,000 for class 8 semi-trucks*
- WHAT WILL YOU NOTICE THE FIRST TIME YOU SWITCH? - Dramatic reduction of engine noise. Improved fuel economy by at least 2%. Substantially longer drain intervals vs all other brands. Virtually no deposits on turbos. Significantly improved oil analysis results and engine durability.
The article ends here, detailing the best 5w40 synthetic oil. However, the best option for each person will vary depending on their individual needs and preferences. But here, the products we have listed above, have great features and are highly rated by customers. So, I hope that it may have helped you finalize your decision to choose the best one for you.
Last update on 2022-11-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API