There’s no denying that your truck endures a lot. While transporting goods, it tastes all the bitterness of nature and ensures that they are least bothered by those hazardous outer circumstances. Probably, you haven’t noticed that these continuous actions are making it weaker day by day.
Now, be generous and let your focus be centered on its bed first. Because it is a portion that’s liable to most of the wear and tear. Safeguard it with a good protective do it yourself bedliner in order to keep it healthy leading to a prolonged life.
Click to View Post Navigation
- 10 Best Truck Bed Liner Reviews:
- 1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush On Bed Liner Kit
- 2. BedRug Full Bedliner SILVERADO or SIERRA 6′ 6″ BED
- 3. Custom Coat 4-Liter Black Urethane Bed Liner
- 4. Rough Country RCM640 Rubber Truck Bed Mat
- 5. Rust-Oleum Automotive Truck Bed Liner
- 6. U-Pol Products RAPTOR Truck Bed Liner
- 7. Linerxtreeme spray on Bedliner
- 8. DualLiner Bed Liner Ford F-150, 5’6″
- 9. Dupli-Color Bed Armor DIY Bed Liner Kit
- 10. Al’s Liner ALS-BL Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit
Bedliner Buying Guide
There are a variety of options when it’s time to select a do it yourself bedliner, so we’ve broken down the options you need to look for.
Spray-on: The spray-on liner, as its name asserts, is sprayed right away on the bed. It contains a lot of positive points to make your deal better.
- Unlike the other types, it can fit on your truck-bed regardless of of its size and model.
- Whereas drop-in liners shift their position every now and then letting the bed revealed to irritating scratches, it doesn’t let such irksome paint scraped marks to be made.
- It’s moisture resistant and therefore, doesn’t split like the drop-in liners.
- Choose the color you like, to suit your truck.
- You’ll undergo less maintenance issue.
- Provides more room to accommodate additional goods on the bed.
- High priced yet worth the money for its long-term duty.
- Can put some extra weight on your truck if you use thick coating.
- No option to change your mind once done as it offers lifetime service.
- Some brands fade away as time passes by.
Roll/ Brush -on: A solid polyurethane paint-like mixture that helps to avoid direct touch of the products from the truck-bed.
- Easy to install
- Durable and damage proof
- Scratch, corrosion & skid resistant
- Less vulnerable to humidity
- No gradual fragmenting turns on nor does it peel if the prep stage is done accurately
It takes a little longer to dry properly. So, have some patience before you go on a business ride.
Tends to denting as it’s thinner than drop-ins
Drop-in: Built out of plastic or rubber staff, its exterior may appear to you either rough or sleek.
- Usable at another pickup having the same sized bed
- While carrying the goods, it saves your truck bed from getting any pit
- Loading and unloading will be quiet
- Rust begins to grow from the accumulation of water, dirt, or something worse than these between the liner and bed.
- Gradual influence of severe sun heat and UV rays make them fragile and cracks begin to visible on it
- Low priced drop-in liner often comes with poor quality material
- Its movable feature gets the paint scuffed
Your truck is destined to see the worst of universe. Before touching the bed, the rough forces will try to destroy the gleam of the liner. So, durability should be the prime fact to consider in a liner kit. Ponder over the essence of your selected liner to heighten the capacity of the bed against everything nature will subject it to. We know that eternity can never be the limit of any product to last. But thankfully, there’re a lot of brand available out there, purchasing which you can hope to get a liner that’ll take decades to fade.
Some liners come only for a specific application whereas other kit will treat you with the freedom of using them irrespective of the surface material. This feature of being flexible-in-use allows you to cover one thing which you probably have meant for another. For example- you can plate your truck bed with the tool that you may have purchased for undercoating your jeep or for the pickup bed or the boat deck.
Again, with the same kit, you’re open to choose between two different applying techniques. You can begin rolling on, or can use spray gun. Surprisingly, each of them will result in two dissimilar and unique looks. So, pursuing your heart requires selecting the liner kit with the most adaptability option.
Scrutinize the following points regarding the resistance of a liner tool before making a purchase.
- Scratch – Hauling goods with spiky ends on your jeep presumably is not a new thing. So, make sure that trailing something over the bed won’t peel-off the layer.
- Skid – The weather is uncontrollable – a fact. And reaching your destination before the deadline and obviously with the cargo in a good condition is another harsh truth that you’re obliged to follow. Hence, be selective in case of bedliner buying and manage to collect the slippery proof one. Compel the wet condition be harmonious with your aim.
- Rust – Water is the thing that causes most of the corrosion. But you can’t deny the fault of dump weather for oxidation either. Choose the model that claims to offer abrasion sealed coating.
- Chemical – Every day you load and unload a ton of flammable materials risking your bed’s life. These substances are capable of stealing the refined air of your truck if even a little amount of them touch the surface by chance. Being the proud owner of your vehicle, it’s your duty to lengthen its life-line by applying a liner that’s immune to bleach, resin or the kind.
- UV – Ready to go on a ride with jeep under that scorching sun? Have worn the sunglasses and the sun hat to avoid the grasp of harmful Ultraviolet rays? You’re not ready yet. Because you have forgotten something important. Yes, you’re skipping the thought of securing the cargo bed from UV as well as the extreme heat. Don’t ignore the fact that like your skin, your beloved truck’s bed is also susceptible to those unfavorable radiation. So, it’s high time you do choose some liner that protects your bed from the malevolent rays.
The above tips are sufficient to lead you to a winning purchase. But if you’re still doubting your knowledge about the suitable DIY bedliner, give up the attempt of educating yourself. Don’t be fooled. The secret is simple. Go after the brand name. Believe us, you’ll appreciate the decision in future. Many newbies have already ended up buying win-win DIY coating kits belonged to the well-known companies. We can confidently say that you’ll be astonished finding how the manufacturers promise reflects in their tools.
A spray on bed liner not only looks great it can go a long way to protecting the bed on your truck. A new truck is a huge investment, and because of that, it is very important that you do everything you can to protect it. Since rust most often forms inside the bed of the truck protecting it can prevent rust from forming. A spray bed liner is a paint that has rubber and other additives added into it. This paint sprays on very thick and dries very quickly. The coating is very tough and should last for a long time under normal use.
You can do a spray on liner on your truck yourself, but you are much better off getting it done by a professional for one important reason. Many places will offer a lifetime guarantee on your bed liner to fix it if it ever gets damaged. This means that once you have it put on you will never have to pay to have it put on again. This is a huge advantage over do it yourselfers who will have to pay for more coating every time it needs patching, and these bed liners do normally need to be patched at some point in time, particularly if you do a lot of tough work with your truck.
There are different brands of bed liners available so ask around as to which one is the toughest, even if you get a guarantee, getting in to get it patched and waiting till it is patched can be a hassle so finding the best liner can save you a lot of time along the way. Spray on bed liners are a great way to make your truck look good but in the end, the point is to make sure that you take proper care of your truck and these bed liners are a great way to do that.
Can you repair a spray on bedliner easily?
You can easily repair a spray on bed liner. If you have a faded or chalk spray on or roll on bed liner you can make it look new with Liner Solution™ Bed Liner Refurbish Kit. You can use DynaSolv crackfiller to fill in any cracks, and then use our roll on bed liner refurb kit to get that freshly coated look.
10 Best Truck Bed Liner Reviews:
1. Herculiner HCL1B8 Brush On Bed Liner Kit
This brush-on bed liner kit from Herculiner includes a gallon of protective coating which comes ready for use. Inside the package, you’ll also find an application brush designed to help you get to those tight corners and spots. There are two rollers for easy, even application, and an abrasive pad for preparing the truck bed.
This truck bed liner can be applied to the bed of your truck in just three easy steps, and everything you need is included. This means that you can get started as soon as you get the kit. When cured, this bed liner offers a protective coating that is not only extremely durable and long lasting but skid resistant, too.
It can bond to virtually any type of surface or material, producing great results. This means that you can apply Herculiner to wood, metal, aluminum, concrete, rubber, asphalt, fiberglass, and many plastics, including PVC. With features like that, it’s no wonder this polyurethane-based product made it to the top of our list.
It’s undoubtedly the best roll on truck bed liner for the money. Just remember, with this and similar products, it’s important to always follow the manufacturer’s instructions, otherwise, you risk ending up with results that won’t be pleasing to you.
- Kit contains all the tools you need to complete the job
- Extra brush designed for use on tight corners
- Bonds to virtually all types of surfaces
- Five times thicker than another roll on bed liners
- Seals surfaces and prevents rust and corrosion
2. BedRug Full Bedliner SILVERADO or SIERRA 6′ 6″ BED
This unique, innovative truck bed liner is one that you absolutely must check out if you’re searching for something that will not only protect your truck bed and your precious cargo from impact damage and dings but also provide comfort for your knees, as well.
The BedRug Full Bedliner is made from super durable 100% polypropylene, which is essentially plastic. It can stand up to the harshest conditions you’re able to put it through – whether it’s battery acid or gravel. It is molded to fit your particular truck make and model like a glove. Once you install this bed liner, you’ll have a void-free surface that allows for easy access to accessories and factory tie-downs.
The non-skid surface is ideal for keeping your cargo in place, and the built-in hinge between the tailgate and the truck bed will prevent debris from collecting. In addition to that, this material is UV-resistant and will never fade.
The foam is similar to the kind used to make life jackets which means that it won’t absorb water or cause mildew. Water simply runs off the surface, through the perimeter, and out of the truck bed drain holes. Your truck dries in as little as 20 minutes. To clean it, just hose, vacuum, or use a power washer, and the BedRug truck bed liner will be as food as new!
- Rugged construction which is great for handling heavy cargo
- Perfectly molds to fit your truck
- The ¾-inch thick cushioned floor is great for cargo, pets, and knees
- Bleach, battery acid, and oil easily wash off
- An anti-skid surface that is stain and UV-resistant
3. Custom Coat 4-Liter Black Urethane Bed Liner
In addition to your truck bed, this tough, urethane-based, two-part spray on truck bed liner can be used on any surface including wood, concrete, aluminum, metal, fiberglass, and plastics. In fact, it works on the majority of OE manufacturer’s finishes.
The kit comes with everything you need to complete the job, including the black bed liner base, the custom coat hardener, and a free application gun which has a value of over $30! You also get clear-cut instructions to ensure that your spray job is as effective as possible. As long as you follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully, you’ll have a final result that looks sleek and professional.
The custom coat is particularly easy to use and protects your truck bed against corrosion and rust. It also offers superb UV protection and can be applied using a Schutz gun. All you have to do is add hardener, shake the bottle, and spray. This formula is also designed for rolling or brushing on and is the best spray on truck bed liner for anyone looking for quality and affordability.
- Kit contains enough material to spray large even large truck beds
- The formula is easy to use. Just add hardener, shake, spray
- Stain and abrasion-resistant
- Waterproof, durable, and flexible
- Reduces vibrations and deadens sound
4. Rough Country RCM640 Rubber Truck Bed Mat
If your truck handles heavy loads, and you’re looking for something to keep it free of unsightly scratches and dents, then this could be the ideal product for your needs. The contoured rubber truck bed mat from Rough Country is made from heavy-duty 3/8” rubber which is virtually indestructible.
The high-quality compound which makes up the rubber doesn’t crack, even under extreme temperatures – neither does it fade when it’s exposed to the harshest sun.
The stylized bed mat comes with an impressive-looking logo from the Rough Country brand and the angled lines give it a unique look that will transform your truck’s appearance while also offering your truck bed the ultimate in protection from outside elements.
This bed liner is designed for beds that are 5-ft 5-in in size. It offers super quick installation and excellent durability. For anyone who wants real value for money, this is an investment that will give you great returns for years to come.
- Textured surface for non-skid performance
- Abrasion and tear resistant
- Extra thick rubber provides more protection than other truck bed mats
- Underside designed for enhanced aeration and drainage
- Made from rust and mildew resistant material
5. Rust-Oleum Automotive Truck Bed Liner
If you’re looking for ease, then this is probably the best truck bed liner you can get. The Rust-Oleum Automotive truck bed coating comes in a formula that can be applied in just three easy steps. First, clean and sand the surface you’re going to use the coating on.
You can use a degreaser or cleaner to get rid of all the dirt, oil, and whatever other contaminants are present. Once you’ve sanded the entire truck bed using a scuff pad or sandpaper, you can rinse it and allow it to dry. The next step is to cover all the areas except for the truck bed liner to protect those areas against any splatters or spills that may happen during the process of applying the truck bed liner.
The final step is to apply the formula using the applicator kit for either brushing and rolling or spraying the liner onto your vehicle with ease. For maximum durability, apply at least three coats and allow them to dry for at least 24 hours.
As you can see, the process is very simple to complete, and as long as you follow the manufacturer’s instructions, you’ll have a beautifully coated result that not only resists scratches but also hides imperfections and protects your truck bed from harsh elements.
- Great for hiding imperfections on your truck
- Scratch-resistant coating protects from damage
- Offers more durability and texture with each coat
- Can be sprayed, brushed, or rolled onto any surface
- Extremely attractive textured finish
6. U-Pol Products RAPTOR Truck Bed Liner
This kit is designed to cover medium to large truck beds, and it’s extremely easy to use. All you have to do is fill it, shake it, and shoot! The speed of the hardener controls the dry times, but overall, it’s a fast-drying formula that is super simple to apply. It’s resistant to UV rays, scratches, and stains.
The coating also protects your truck bed from rust, corrosion, damp, mold, and harsh temperatures. Once applied, your truck bed surface will be waterproof with a smooth texture in a radiant color that will never fade.
You can apply the formula with a Schutz gun. Alternatively, you can use a brush or roller to achieve different textures.
- Helps to deaden sounds and vibrations
- Will not fade even in harsh elements
- Scratch and stain resistant for maximum protection
- Protects against rust and mold
- A high-quality coating that lasts a long time
7. Linerxtreeme spray on Bedliner
This three-gallon sprayable bed liner kit covers up to 100 square feet. It comes with a spray gun as well as two reducer cans which double as the gun’s cups. It will easily do a couple of short bed trucks or a single 8-ft bed in high-quality coating with a professional, semi-gloss finish that outlasts many others.
Owners of Jeeps, Trucks, Boats, and ATVs love this product because of its durability and visual appeal. If you’re searching for a truck bed liner which checks all the boxes when it comes to quality, durability, looks, and price – this is one you definitely need to consider. It’s also the best truck bed liner spray paint for anyone who wants an easy application.
- Comes with one-page instructions that are extremely easy to follow
- Has amazing UV-resistance and adhesion properties
- The product has over 20 years in business and 1000’s of loyal customers
- Professional quality finish
- Kit includes a free gun for spraying
8. DualLiner Bed Liner Ford F-150, 5’6″
This innovative type of bed liner combines all the top features of the best bed liners on the market into one awesome bed liner system. It comes pre-cut for Box Link system and Factory LED Lights. The sides are made from one of the toughest materials you’ll find, and the polyethylene panels are designed to follow the contours of your truck so as to be an exact fit for your particular make or model.
At a full 3/8 of an inch thick, this truck bed mat is among the thickest you’ll get on the market today, and if that is a factor that you value in your truck bed liner, then this product is worth taking a look at. It keeps your cargo in place thanks to the zero skid feature which protects both your cargo and your truck bed.
The mat is also designed to allow you to add cleats to the mat’s underside. This is to keep it from laying flat on the vehicle’s finish while allowing water to drain out from the factory made drain holes at the same time.
- Fits any truck make, model, or year
- Pre-cut for Box Link system and Factory LED Lights
- 100% made in the US
- Super thick mat for the ultimate in protection
- Hard sidewalls protect from dents
9. Dupli-Color Bed Armor DIY Bed Liner Kit
This formula is water based and has a low odor compared to others. It also cleans up very easily with just soap and water. It’s formulated with Kevlar and withstands the extreme impacts that even the most hard-working trucks face on a daily basis. Once applied, your truck bed will be resistant to various automotive chemicals such as gasoline.
The kit covers a box that is six feet long and an additional (optional) quart will cover a one that is eight feet long. Dupli-Color is a well-known brand that is popular for its high-quality automotive paint products, and this one is no different. They strive to offer truck owners perfection through product innovations for truck finishing, OEM, as well as specialty coating markets.
This kit is specifically designed with DIYers in mind, which means they’ve made the application process as simple and easy as possible. You’ll be able to complete it in no time and have a beautiful, textured, professional-looking black satin finish that will protect the bed of your truck for years to come.
You can apply this formula on various surfaces including wood, concrete, metal, and fiberglass. Its versatility is one of the reasons why so many users rave about this water-based polyurethane truck bed liner. All in all, this is the best DIY truck bed liner on the market.
- Durable, rubberized finish extends the life of your truck bed
- Impact-resistant coating won’t chip, flake, or peel
- Can be used on virtually any surface of your vehicle
- Low odor, easy to use
- Skid-resistance properties keep cargo safe during transit
10. Al’s Liner ALS-BL Premium DIY Bed Liner Kit
This product is designed to help prevent rust, mildew, and other types of damage from occurring on your truck bed. You can use it as a bed liner for your truck, or you can spray it on anything to protect it from harsh UV rays.
According to reviews from customers online, the spray-on polyurethane bed liner from AL’s has been used on everything from truck beds to rifle stocks and even light posts. You can coat almost any surface including metal, fiberglass, and wood to protect it from outside elements.
This truck bed liner product is a batch mix system, which means that you’re able to mix as little or as much as you need to complete your current project. It consists of three standard components that come separate and ready to mix. The kits are all tintable, and you can either modify the included kit or create your own for a truly custom color.
If you need to tougher protection from your finish, or if your project demands a smoother match for your substrate, this is a great option to go with as Al’s Liner offers you a wide range of additives and accessories that let you duplicate the hardness and texture of any type of bed liner available on the market.
This wet bed liner has a user-friendly design that most novice sprayers will really appreciate. The kit is also super convenient to use as it can also be applied without the need for expensive protective equipment required by most other kits.
- Only urethane/acrylic DIY kit that meets professional bed liners standards
- Offers durable, high-quality protective coating for your vehicle
- Versatile formula can be used on various other surfaces
- Can be customized to produce any texture, thickness, or color you desire
- UV-resistant and will not fade, rust, or succumb to chemicals and solvents