The strange hiccup sounds that your car’s engine starts to make out of the blue is not pleasant at all. A lot of people tend to ignore this sound assuming it is just a clog, but it is actually a lot more than that.
This sound is worrisome because it points to one thing only, a blown head gasket.
A blown up head gasket fails to prevent leaks and these leaks give rise to smoke emissions and a hiccup sound in the engine. Most of us think about turning to mechanics right away to run an engine diagnosis and end up paying for the diagnosis and treating the head gasket which takes about $1500 to $2500+. That’s expensive.
There’s another cheap and more authentic way to repair a damaged head gasket. We speak of a head gasket sealer to solve the issue.
Since there are plenty of gasket sealers available, it can confuse a lot of drivers to pick one. We recommend to use the BlueDevil head gasket sealer as it packs a strong punch when it comes to sealing leaks, treat leaking radiators, repairing warped and cracked heads, treating leaking cores and increasing the engine’s life and efficiency.
The company is among some of the most well-known companies in the automotive autopart niche with reach to over 400 distribution centers. First established in 1997, BlueDevil has made a name by producing high-quality products which is why it is the first pick of many drivers and experts.
Every driver tries to avoid taking their vehicle to an auto shop since it’s a real money drainer. If your car’s engine is making sounds, there’s smoke rising from it or if you’re experiencing a temperature rise then it’s more likely a faulty gasket.
You don’t need to turn to an auto shop in this case. What you need is to use the Bluedevil head gasket.
Related: Best Head Gasket Sealer Reviews
Let’s have a look at the detailed BlueDevil head gasket sealer review and how it can leakages and other problems:
Table of Contents
BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer To The Rescue
Now that we know what a head gasket is, how it is blown and what problems it can make, let’s have a look at how the Bluedevil head gasket can mend the damages in an easy way.
What Can The Blue Head Devil Gasket Do?
Unlike most sealers, BlueDevil gasket sealer doesn’t just seal leaks but does a lot more.
Seals Leaking Radiator
One of the major issues associated with a blown up gasket is a leaking radiator. A leaked radiator blows off steam and increases temperature. The BlueDevil head is manufactured to take care of this like a pro by sealing the leakage.
- Remove the radiator cap and pour the BlueDevil Sealer’s content directly into the cooling system.
- After this, change the radiator cap and turn the engine on.
- Within a few minutes, the sealer gets mixed into the cooling system and blocks any leaks that are in the radiator.
Repairs Cracked Radiator Head
Once the head gasket is damaged, too much of pressure begins to accumulate in the radiator which gets exerted onto the radiator head. Thus, cracking it. Depending on the pressure, the entire head may get cracked or just a part of the plastic above. In any case, a cracked radiator causes serious problems.
Cracked radiators leave a puddle of oil along the way, trigger engine heats up and emit smoke as well.
The job of a radiator is to ensure that the engine remains cool while operational but a cracked radiator can ruin that. When a radiator cracks, it prevents the right amount of coolant from entering the engine which is why the engine gets hot and emits thick smoke.
Cracked radiators are dangerous and must be repaired. The BlueDevil Head can take care of this problem as well.
- Open the radiator head first and flush out the contents of the radiator using a hose.
- Draining the radiator one time doesn’t excrete all the remains of the coolant which is why fill the radiator with water and drain.
- Repeat the process thrice to clean the radiator.
- Lift up the house and take out the thermostat so that the coolant you are about to add, goes in smoothly.
- Now, refill the coolant system with coolant mixture and water and leave a bit of room for the BlueDevil head.
- Leave the engine on, pour the sealer into the coolant system, and leave it idle for 50 minutes.
- Now look for visible cracks on it. Make sure you clean off the dirt and grease first to have a good look.
- Apply the sealer onto the places where you see cracks. This will bind the cracks and allow no more pressure to get trapped inside the cooling system.
- Leave it for about an hour.
Contains No Harmful Contents
The product is free from harmful chemicals and will not cause any damage to the engine or other parts of your car.
How Long Does The BlueDevil Sealer Last?
The sealer lasts for more than 8 months and doesn’t overheat the engine at all. The spark plug looks clean with no remains of oil or mayonnaise-like content. The temperature stays in range and the engine works smoothly.
This sealer can repair and seal heater cores and freeze plugs as well.
How To Use The Product?
- Before using the product, you must first clean the coolant system. To do so, remove the thermostat and drain the contents from the bottom hose.
- Now pour water and again drain the system thrice to remove remains of the old coolant.
- Now fill the system with water but leave room for the BlueDevil to be poured in.
- Take out the radiator cap and turn the engine on, with the heater to the max. This will help cool down the engine before you finally pour the BlueDevil.
- Start pouring it slowly. Make sure you take at least a minute to pour the entire bottle. Once done, leave the engine on with cap on for 50 minutes.
- Let the engine cool and then install a new thermostat.
- Refill with antifreeze and go for a test drive.
Which is the Best Product?
While there are many options out there, our top pick is the BlueDevil Pour-N-Go Head Gasket Sealer. The product is easy to use and comes with a simple DIY formula. Perfect for 4 cylinder and v6 engines, this one permanently seals cracked, leaking and blown gaskets.
This one is made specifically for users with little to no knowledge about car engines.
Click bellow to watch the show in Stunning video quality and lightening fast speed
In which vehicles can this sealer be used?
It can be used in all the vehicles that contain a 4 or a 6 cylinder engine.
Does the sealer have side effects?
The best thing about this sealer is that it contains no harmful matter that can damage the engine, tubing or the content flowing through it. Hence, it has no side effects and can be used without any worries.
Is it necessary to remove the thermostat?
It is. This is because removing the thermostat allows the coolant to reach all the corners of the engine and seal cracks.
What if your car still gets hot after using the BlueDevil head sealer?
Flush out the system at least thrice. The reason your car isn’t working is because you didn’t flush the system from the old coolant. However, if the problem persists then take your car to a mechanic for a full inspection.
The Last Word
The Bluedevil head gasket sealer is a strong sealer which can increase the life of your car’s engine and help you save a lot of money on repairs.