With the help of this article, you will be able to have a broader understanding of best epoxy for automotive plastic, as I will be discussing the features, pros, and cons in detail. Other than that, make sure to read until the end.
If you don’t have the time or the energy to look for the epoxy for automotive plastic that best suited for you, no worries; I have you covered. I have put together here a list of the best epoxy for automotive plastic currently available.
Top 10 Best Epoxy for Automotive Plastic
Reviews on 10 Top Rated Epoxy for Automotive Plastic
If you are looking for the Best Epoxy for Automotive Plastic, then any of these 10 would be a great choice for you.
- Plasticbonder: Is A Quick-Set, 2 Part, Urethane Adhesive System That Provides Strong, Lasting Repairs And Works On Thermoset, Carbon Fiber Composites, Thermoplastics, Coated Metals, Concrete & More.
- Count On Us: For More Than 40 Years, Our Products Have Earned A Loyal Following From People Who Take Pride In Their Work. With Each Product We Innovate, We Continue To Provide The World'S Strongest Bond For Your Projects.
- Simple To Use: J-B Plasticbonder Has A 1:1 Mixing Ratio, Sets In 15 Minutes And Can Be Sanded After 30 Minutes. With A Tensile Strength Of 3770 Psi, Plasticbonder Cures To A Hard, Permanent Bond.
- Versatile And Dependable: Perfect For Indoor Or Outdoor Use, Epoxy & Adhesives, Plastic, Composite, Pvc, And More. Plastic Bonder Makes A Great Gap Filler And Dries Black In Color.
- J-B Weld Plasticweld: A Hand Mixable Two Part Epoxy Putty Stick That Is Formulated To Repair And Rebuild Various Plastic Compounds And Surfaces. J-B Weld Plasticweld Is Designed For Diy Plastic Repairs On Abs, Pvc & Cpvc Pipes And Plastics, Auto Bumpers And More! Plasticweld Is Certified By The Nsf And Is Safe For Contact With Potable Water
- Cure And Set Time: After Kneading The Two Part Formula Together By Hand, Plasticweld Takes 25 Minutes To Set And Cures In 3 Hours. J-B Weld Plasticweld Set And Cure Color Is Off White
- Product Features And Strength: J-B Weld Plasticweld Has Lap Shear Strength Of 600 Psi. Plasticweld Can Withstand Continuous Temperatures Up To 250Of (121Oc) And Intermittent Temperatures Up To 300Of (148Oc) When Fully Cured. Plasticweld Does Not Shrink And Can Be Molded, Shaped, Sanded, Drilled And Cut
- Applications: Abs, Pvc & Cpvc Pipes And Plastics, Auto Bumpers And Trim, Vinyl Surfaces And Siding, Marine Repairs & Fiberglass Parts, Plastic Water Tanks, And Plumbing
- Repair and rebuild any rigid and semi-flexible plastic including ABS, PVC and CPVC
- Bonds instantly
- Superior strength
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE ADHESIVE: Delivers a secure, strong attachment
- FAST-ACTING: Sets in approximately 20 seconds
- VERSATILE ADHESIVE: Bonds virtually any substrate
- GAP-FILLING PROPERTIES: Fix challenging repairs
- URETHANE ADHESIVE: Adhesive won't become brittle like cyanoacrylates
- NOZZLES INCLUDED: Includes two static mixing nozzles
- For industrial/occupational use only. Not for consumer sale or use.
- ✅ WHY CHOOSE POR-15 EPOXY PUTTY? This powerful epoxy putty is easy to use and dries Rock Hard. It’s strong enough to withstand drilling, taping, and painting, without cracking or shrinking. Perfect for repairing all types of fiberglass cracks, holes and breaks, repairing cracked metal, steering wheel crack repair, rust pits and holes, and beyond!
- ✅ ALL PURPOSE EPOXY PUTTY – Easy and effective– Simply knead and roll the two-part formula in your hands or a clean surface until the putty becomes one uniform color with no visible color streaks. Our putty responds well to water when smoothing, shaping, or molding. Work with it until it is almost perfectly smooth before it dries - eliminating most sanding!
- ✅ TOUGH, WATERPROOF, HEAT RESISTANT, - Our two-part industrial pliable metal filler formula mixes like clay and hardens like steel. The putty is waterproof, resistant to heat, cold, most fuels, and solvents or caustic agents. After curing the epoxy putty can be sanded, drilled, routed, screwed, chiseled, surfaced, tapped, sawn, turned, filed, carved, stained or painted.
- ✅ WHEN DO I NEED THIS? – Classic car restoration, plumbing projects, DIY, Motorcycles, Mechanical projects, Automotive – You name it, this mighty putty offers versatility across all your projects.
- ✅ OUR SATISFACTION COMMITMENT - At POR-15 we strive to bring the ultimate in rust prevention. Known for the unbeatable 3-step stop rust system, POR-15 is trusted by DIY & Professionals. We are committed to innovation, quality control, and excellent customer service. If you are not satisfied, let us know & we’ll do everything we can to make it right!
- Cold weld epoxy adhesive paste to bond metal, rubber, fiberglass, and glass in automotive applications
- Forms a tough bond that flexes to provide impact and vibration resistance
- Continuous service temperature range from -20 to +250 degrees F
- Provides work time of 8 minutes and full cure time of 12 to 24 hours (at 75 degrees F)
- Resists water
- DESIGNED TO HELP RESTORE BLACK VINYL: Solution Finish Black Trim Restorer brings back black vinyl and plastic car trim to original, or better than original, condition. Provides a long-lasting finish and superior levels of durability and protection.
- INCLUDES A 12 OZ BOTTLE: Follow instructions for safe and proper application of the product. Apply with cloth or towel for quick application. Solution Finish Trim Restorer helps restore faded parts of your vehicle instantly.
- VERSATILE FORMULA: With advanced polymer technology, this silicone-free and VOC compliant formula creates a like-new finish. Use on window trim, handles, bumpers, wiper blades, mirrors, truck bed covers, seals, mud flaps, pads and more.
- RESTORE PLASTIC ON A VARIETY OF SURFACES: While the product is designed for use on your vehicles, it can be used on ATVs, UTVs, boats, and other recreational vehicles with plastic vinyl trim. A little goes a long way!
- UNMATCHED IN THE INDUSTRY: Solution Finish provides top-notch quality products and stands behind each one with a customer satisfaction guarantee. For long-lasting results and a durable finish, you can count on Solution Finish products.
- Long-lasting Bond Strength: Our Epoxy glue is of good quality, and we guarantee that your repaired products will last for at least one year. Once cured, metal repair glue can form a strong and stable permanent bond. Compared with traditional epoxy, AB epoxy glue is high adhesion and good hardness, and a certain toughness.
- Wide Application: Our metal repair glue is suitable for repairing bonding metals, ceramics, glass, and many plastics. It not only can be used to repair fuel tanks, plumbing, concrete breaks, water tank, and plastic bucket but can be used for boats, cars, fuel tanks, heaters, vases, fence welding car bumpers, and motorcycle crack repair.
- Safe and Clean: Our epoxy resin is a clean, odorless, and environmentally friendly product, 100% safe. We insist on the production of exclusive metal glue formula, which has passed MSDS, SGS, and various safety reports. We take environmental protection as the concept, to ensure that your repaired products are safe and clean.
- Simple to Use: The way to use super glue is very simple. First, please make the surface clean before the process. Then, Use the pusher to push out the appropriate amount of glue at a 1:1 ratio on a flat surface, and use the stirrer to mix it evenly (usually 5 minutes, if not, it will affect the bonding effect). Last, apply it to the surface and give it 24 hours for full curing.
- 100% Refund Guarantee: We are very confident in the quality of our plastic glue. If it is damaged due to reasons of quality within 1 year, we will provide a 100% refund to protect the rights of our customers.
- Structural adhesive designed for general purpose bonding of a wide variety of materials
- Forms a tough, durable bond to most plastics, composites, ceramics and wood in any combination
- Requires no primers, sets in five minutes at room temperature
- Permanent strength up to 3500 PSI
- Suggested Applications: Bonds rigid materials including ABS, acrylic, fiberglass, FRP, glass, PVC, SMC, steel, styrene, vinyl, and wood. Use for interior trim, fills cracks, bonds most plastic, bonds plastic to vinyl
- J-B WELD PLASTICBONDER (Tan): A quick setting and multipurpose two part urethane adhesive & gap filling system that provides a strong and lasting bond to many plastic surfaces. J-B Weld PlasticBonder is great for DIY plastic repairs, filling dents, bumper repairs and more! J-B Weld PlasticBonder now comes in a syringe allowing for an easy 1:1 mix ratio. The unique syringe has a re-sealable cap that prevents drying out and leaking, allowing for multiple uses!
- CURE AND SET TIME: After mixing the two part formula with the included mixing tray and stir stick, PlasticBonder takes 15 minutes to set and 30 hours to cure. J-B Weld PlasticBonder set and cure color is tan
- STRENGTH: J-B Weld PlasticBonder has tensile strength of 3770 PSI.
- SURFACE APPLICATIONS: Thermoset & Carbon Fiber Composites, Thermoplastics and Coated Metals, Plastic & PVC, Concrete, Ceramic & Tile, Fiberglass, and Aluminum.
- DO IT YOURSELF: Big or small, you can DIY it with J-B Weld. Our heavy duty epoxy and adhesives repair & restore it right the first time. J-B Weld delivers superior performance, quality, and results for the World’s Strongest Bond.
- J-B Weld Clearweld: A Clear, Quick Setting And Multipurpose Two Part Epoxy That Provides A Strong And Lasting Bond On Surfaces Including Metal, Tile, Most Plastics, Ceramic, Glass, Wood And More. J-B Weld Clearweld Comes In A Syringe Allowing For An Easy 1:1 Mix Ratio. The Unique Syringe Has A Re-Sealable Cap That Prevents Drying Out And Leaking, Allowing For Multiple Uses
- Cure And Set Time: After Mixing The Two Part Formula With The Included Mixing Tray And Stir Stick, Clearweld Takes 5 Minutes To Set And 1 Hour To Cure. J-B Weld Clearweld Set And Cure Color Is Clear
- Strength: J-B Weld Clearweld Has Tensile Strength Of 3900 Psi
- Surface Applications: Metal, Most Plastics, Pvc, Wood, Concrete, Ceramic & Tile, Fiberglass And Glass
The article ends here, detailing the best epoxy for automotive plastic. However, the best option for each person will vary depending on their individual needs and preferences. But here, the products we have listed above, have great features and are highly rated by customers. So, I hope that it may have helped you finalize your decision to choose the best one for you.
Last update on 2022-11-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API